Tips & Tricks – Marketing Plans in a Snap
A good marketing plan helps you win and keep customers. It’s strategic and tangible. Here are 5 steps to get you started.
1. Begin with a snapshot of your company’s current situation. Define your company and its products or services, show how you’re different from your competitors. Include a SWOT and your positioning.
2. Describe your target audience. Develop a simple, one‑paragraph profile of your prospective customer. If you’re a B2B marketer, define your target audience based on their type of business, job title, size of business, geographic location, and any other pertinent characteristics.
3. List your marketing goals. Make it measurable (e. g. percentage increase in sales).
4. Strategies and tactics. A good marketing program targets all stages of the buying cycle and the tactics you’ll use to reach prospects at any point in your sales cycle.
5. Set your marketing budget. Most marketers use a percentage of gross sales to create an annual budget.