Tips & Tricks – Email the Write Way
The average person receives 88 emails per day. So how do you write email copy that survives the rapid fire of the delete button? Here are eight helpful hints:
- Pull readers in with a catchy subject line.
- Begin the conversation by being conversational and relatable.
- Be careful about tooting your horn. Avoid boasting, build a story around customer benefits.
- Skip the spam. These days, sending email that hasn’t been opted into is a no-no.
- Avoid long sentences and paragraphs.
- Recap your most important points in the closing paragraph.
- Don’t build an “email island.” The email should complement your broader marketing campaign.
- Close with a strong call to action. A well-written email isn’t complete without a compelling call to action.
Lastly, if your open rates are stagnant, it might be time to look at when emails are sent. You can safely brave the unchartered with some A/B testing.