The 5 commandments of direct response marketing
Whether marketing happens online or off, there is one thing every smart integrated marketer worth their salt is after: They want the customer to respond.
1. Always Have an Offer. Make consumers stand up and take notice. Tell them the steps they need to take in order to reap the benefits.
2. Clear Instructions. Don’t make your customers guess. Tell them exactly what to do next!
3. There Will Be Follow-Up. We’re not just talking about a one-time follow-up based on a lead. Treat that lead like gold and as the beginning of a valuable relationship.
4. There Will Be Tracking and Measurement. Track and report. ROI matters!
5. Results Rule, Period. If you make sales, then your strategy has worked. If it doesn’t make sales, scrap it.
While it might be a mix of tough love and old-school methodologies, be consistent, stick with it, and you’re bound
to see favorable results.