5 Tips to Help You Avoid Email Fatigue with Your Direct Marketing
Marketers understand and appreciate the value of creating a positive experience for customers. Yet sometimes, when it comes to execution of email cadence, it’s easy to fall into the, “more is better,” trap. Here are five tips to reduce email fatigue for your prospects and customers:
1. Pace yourself. Less than 5 emails a month reduces unsubscribes by 40%.
2. Let users control content type and frequency.
3. Focus on the feedback. Ask your customers what they think.
4. Let your data do the talking. Follow the metrics and adjust.
5. Test without fail … to fail less. E.g. test subject lines, survey users, targeted emails.
By following these five tips you should be able to reduce email fatigue and find that perfect balance for you and your customers.